KOMATSU 355 DOZER BLADE - Manufactured in the 1970's 0r 80'; used for moving dirt. Weight approx. 5 tons. This piece was donated by the late Tony Puskarich. This blade has a Surface mining painting, painted on its front face. It was painted by Lakeland High School ( Freeport, Ohio) Art Class students back in 1997. It has Consol' s three largest shovels the Silver Spade, The GEM, and the Mountaineer in their original colors.

EUCLID DOZER BLADE - Manufactured in the 1950's, also used for moving dirt. This weighs 3 tons and was given by the late Tony Puskarich.

60 TON DART BOTTOM DUMP - Manufactured by the Dart Co. in the late 1950's. This was the largest hauler at the time it was manufactured. With its 60 ton capacity, it hauled coal from the mining area, to the tipple, where the coal was off-loaded (some processed, some left raw) and loaded into railroad cars, Boich Mining President, Abe Bryan, donated this.

EUCLID 16 TON TRUCK - The "Samurai",as it is fondly referred to by it's owner, Robert Stewart, was purchased from Consolidation Coal Co. This type of truck was used to haul coal from the pit to the tipple and later, to haul "gob" (coal waste) from the tipple back to the pit.

TRAXCAVATOR - FRONT END LOADER - Manufactured by Caterpillar, the model 977, weighs approx. 15 tons. This machine used "street" or smooth tracks and its job was to load coal into the trucks. It was later used in reclamation. John Tabacchi, donated this.

S-18 EUCLID SCRAPER (PAN) - - This machine was manufactured in 1975 and weighs approx. 22 tons. The pan holds 18 cubic yards of dirt, was used to remove topsoil, store it, and later put it back in the reclamation process. Donated by the late Tony Puskarich.

8280 EUCLID DOZER - This was a very versatile piece of equipment. It was manufactured in early 1968, weighs 73,000 pounds or 36 tons, and was the biggest dozer at that time. With its 2 diesel fuel engines, it was the most powerful of the Euclid Terex dozers, producing 476 horsepower. The late Warren Moore had originally loaned this for display, but following his death, it was contributed by the family. It was used in surface mining and reclamation and had 3 blades:  u, straight, and  slanted.

HANSON 3/8 CUBIC YARD SHOVEL - Model 31, serial no. 2099, manufactured in 1947 by the Hanson Clutch and Machinery Co. Tiffin, Ohio. The Hanson shovels were the first full-revolving shovels manufactured in the USA . This one weighs 11 tons and was used for removing overburden from coal seams. Donated by the late Ed Seleski.

DEEP MINE CAR - From the "Bill Able Mine" of New Athens , Ohio . This car was built in and around 1920. and is an example of the old hand loaded underground mine cars. It weighs 600 lbs and is filled with no. 8 stoker coal, the same grade of coal surface mined under the HCRP site in the 1960's. Donated by the late Tony Puskarich.

ROTARY BLASTHOLE DRILL - Made by the Gardner-Denver Co. Quincy , IL in the 1960's. The purpose of drills was to make deep holes into which explosives could be loaded, blasting the overburden away, to get to the coal seam. This drill weighs 10 tons and could drill down 150 to 200 feet. The cutting end was in the shape of a cross. Cravat Coal Co donated this piece.

PORTABLE AIR COMPRESSOR - Chicago Pneumatic Tool Co. portable air compressor, donated by Mrs. Lois Puskarich, in memory of Tony Puskarich. The compressor was built in the early 1950's and was used in the field to power air tools and repair equipment.

HORIZONTAL HIGHWALL AUGER - Salem Tool Co. horizontal highwall auger, donated by Lee Conway of Bennoc Coal Co. Built in Salem , Ohio in the early 1940's and mounted on a 1942 GMC Army 6x6 truck. This type of auger was used to drill blastholes into the highwall above the coal seam.

BLASTING MAGAZINE - Heavy steel blasting magazine with wood lining.

CHAIN LINKS - Joint section of three chain links from the Bucyrus-Erie 4250-W walking dragline "Big Muskie". They weigh approximately 1700 pounds per link. Donated by Central Ohio Coal Company.

DRAG CABLE - 10 FT section of drag cable from the Bucyrus-Erie 4250-W walking dragline "Big Muskie". Donated by Mayer-Pollak Steel.

Superior Steam Hoist- . Donated by the Jake Burnside Family of Parkersburg , WV .

Wabco Scraper- Model D tourna pull.  Donated by the Jake Burnside family of Parkersburg, WV.

Marion 111-M dragline-Donated by Ben Cookson of New Philadelphia , Ohio . Ben purchased the Marion in the 1980's for the production of sand and gravel. Prior to that it was used for the surface mining of coal, in the Richmond , Ohio area.  

Insley Model L dragline-Donated by Lawrence Wittmere, Alpine Designs. The 1966 Insley features a 5/8 yard bucket on a 35 ft. boom, and is powered by a Caterpillar 4cylinder direct start engine.
Cletrac BGS dozer- Donated by Ben Cookson of New Philadelphia , Ohio . This was Cookson’s first dozer when Ben started into the general Contracting business. The Company name was Ben Cookson, Inc.

Caterpillar 14E grader- Donated by Olen Corporation.
 Marion 7200 Walking dragline- Donated by the James Brothers Coal Company of Magnolia, Ohio. Currently dismantled.  Will be reassembled once land is acquired. 

Northwest 41-Donated by Letart Corporation of Gallipolis Ferry, WV.   It is currently is set up as a dragline.  A shovel front attachment was also donated and is missing some key parts that is need to switch it over to a shovel.   
Euclid R27-Donation by Soehnlen Bros. Sand & Gravel.

Caterpillar D-Donated by Puskarich.   This was Cravat Coal's first dozer when the Puskarich Brothers got in the coal business. Frank Puskarich proposed to his wife Mary on this dozer. Frank nicknamed this dozer Beulah.

Private owned:
Lorain 80 shovel
Caterpillar D9 cable blade dozer
Bay City 25 shovel
 

Our miscellaneous collection:

CHAIN LINKS - Joint section of three chain links from the Bucyrus-Erie 4250-W walking dragline "Big Muskie". They weigh approximately 1700 pounds per link. Donated by Central Ohio Coal Company.

DRAG CABLE - 10 FT section of drag cable from the Bucyrus-Erie 4250-W walking dragline "Big Muskie". Donated by Mayer-Pollak Steel.

The following is a list of items we received from The Silver Spade and supporting equipment, courtesy of Consol Energy and Scrap Exchange LLC.

A swing segment and couple of rollers that the house rolled on.

One point sheave and cable.

The two B. E. signs that were on the Spade. These are courtesy of Scrap
Exchange LLC. One will go to the Puskarich Public Library (Harrison County History of Coal Museum) Cadiz, Ohio. 

A fifth intermediate propel gear from the 1850 - B shovel.

A 2nd (middle) intermediate swing case gear.

A hoist bull gear from a 5561 Marion shovel.

Complete operator’s cab with seat, foot pedals, hand controls etc. Scrap Exchange LLC out of Hudson, Ohio arranged for us to get the cab and Consol had already approved the controls.

Spade bucket 

The boom support cables on a reel that shows actual size of cable.

From the warehouse an assortment of gears.

20 foot piece of electrical cable that supplied power to the shovel.